I love roasting vegetables at a high heat until they are golden brown and slightly crispy on the edges. My obsession began with roasted cauliflower, then moved to kale, and now I’m on chickpeas. Though this might seem like an odd item to roast, they are actually so delicious when roasted and become crunchy and nut-like.
Here is my simple recipe:
1 15 oz. can of chickpeas
[Optional: Old Bay, chili powder, cumin, oregano, Old Bay, chili spice, etc]
Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
1. Pour can of chickpeas into a colander and rinse under cold water. Remove from colander and pat chickpeas dry with paper towels.
2. Place chickpeas in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
3. Place on a foil lined sheet tray and roast for 45 minutes, or until crunchy.
4. Remove from oven and season to taste with salt.
5. OPTIONAL: Sprinkle with any of your favorite spices!