For Christmas of last year, my dad got me a Char Broil RED Infrared Grill. Though I haven’t used the grill as much as I would like, it really is such an easy grill to use and clean. It uses infrared technology to evenly heat the ceramic grates. Last night my roommate and I grilled pizzas for the first time and I can’t believe how easy (and fun) it was! I have listed some easy steps below, but really all you do is throw the dough on a hot grill, flip it, and top it!
Easy Grilled Pizza Instructions
1. Heat the grill. You should heat it quite hot; my grill was about 500°F with the lid on while baking this particular pizza.
2. Gather your ingredients and toppings. Set up a table or bench near the grill so that you have easy access to everything. Also have your tools close to hand. You will want a pair of long metal tongs. A spatula may be helpful, although not absolutely necessary. You may want a hot pad or oven mitt if your grill lid gets hot.
3. Prep your dough. It should be stretched or rolled out into a thin circle.
4. Brush the dough with olive oil.
5. Take the lid off the grill. Lay the dough round on the grill, olive-oil-brushed-side down. Brush the top of the dough with a thin layer of olive oil too. Let the dough cook for about 3 minutes, with the lid off. Use the tongs to lift up the dough from time to time, checking on how it is doing. You want nice grill marks on it, but you don’t want the dough to get too crispy.
6. Flip the dough over with the tongs or spatula. The dough should come up easily and flip without tearing. Top the pizza quickly!
7. Put the lid on and cook for about 5 minutes.
8. Remove the lid and check the pizza. The edges should be crisp and well done, and the cheese should all be melted.